Moving is difficult enough without having other factors make it more challenging.Challenges range from location, heavy furniture, pets and even children. Moving with little ones can be extremely demanding, but it doesn’t have to be. As Zionsville movers, we have moved hundreds of families to, from, and around Zionsville and we have picked up a few tips over the year. Take these steps to help ensure your move will go smoothly even with an 18-month-old and a three-year-old.
- Take Advantage of Help- If family members or friends offer to watch the kids, take advantage of this offer! You will especially want this help on moving day if nothing else.
- Assign Them a Task- Kids will feel less anxious about moving if they get to pack up their stuff themselves. It is less stressful for them to put their toys in boxes than to walk in and see mom putting all of their stuff away. It gives them a task and allows them to process it better.
- Reduce Clutter at Night- If you want to get rid of those toys your child doesn’t play with anymore, do so while they are asleep. Even the most forgotten toy will suddenly become a treasure if they see it headed for Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
- Be Their Support- This process may be hard on you, but it can be even more difficult for a child. They often have a hard time processing what is happening and they often have emotional attachments that make the initial goodbye extremely difficult.
- Give Yourself a Break- Moving is tasking. It will drain you emotionally and probably physically. Try to give yourself a break when you are overwhelmed.
Now that you are more prepared for your upcoming move, it’s time to start the process! If you are looking for a Zionsville residential mover, contact the professionals at Wheaton Moving & Storage. We offer a wide variety of services to help make your move smooth and as stress-free as possible. Call or visit our website to get your FREE quote today!